14 May 2013

Tiny Dancer





These are not actually dancers, they are tiny dolls, but they look a little as though they are twirling around in their stitched on mary-janes, don't they? I've been sewing these each night and find them strangely addictive. They are very time consuming - each one takes about an hour and a half. It's the shoes, and the hair that take the time mostly. I've made them out of thin strips of 3mm felt - the same felt I used for some of these houses. I am not yet sure what to do with them but they are really very satisfying to make. I never expected I would become a woman who spent her evenings stitching tiny little things that required her to peer over the tops of her glasses to focus. I'm sure a more exotic life was in my plans, but this one suits me well enough.

1 comment:

  1. u should sell them on ebay ju. its hard finding miniture things . u may make your fortune

    ReplyDelete