10 November 2012

Little Women









I've never read 'Little Women'. Being one of four girls and having four girls I really should I suppose. I made these little women for Lily's third birthday. The dolls are vaguely inspired by this one from Sooz, and the bedding is vaguely inspired by a similar bed from here. The ribbons I bought in Hong Kong and online from Rose Pomar and the lining is from Heather Ross's 'Far Far Away Ch 2'.

I stitched them over the course of a week watching the Seven Up series that was recently repeated here. Did you watch it? Why we are so interested in the largely mundane lives of a group of strangers I don't know, and yet there is something deeply touching about seeing these people grow up.

Of course I'm watching my girls grow up right in front of me. Sometimes, though, I think it is only when I look back that I can see who they really are.

3 comments:

  1. These are great. I think my kids would like these a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet dolls!
    I Loved Little Women when I read it. The author Louisa May Alcott had a very interesting life herself and was a feminist and very forward thinking. This comes through in the story. I reckon you'd get into it.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete