07 January 2015

The Bungle Bungles and other Drawings






It's only now, in the relatively quiet days post Christmas and visiting cousins that I have really had a chance to look at some of Lily's drawings and paintings from the year.  Once I regularly snapped the things my kids were making, whether I recorded them here or not. I seem to have lost the habit and rarely do so now.  I love this selection - the colours and the subject matter - Swiss chard, mushrooms and an unidentified leaf, as well as the Bungle Bungles. The only time I've ever been in a helicopter was in a 'scenic flight' over the Bungle Bungles. I wouldn't do it again. I constantly felt an almost overwhelming desire to be down and in amongst that rocky splendour rather than close but so far in this noisy apparatus. 

1 comment:

  1. Helicopters are not for me. Her Bungle Bungles picture is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete